Brunch Harder: Better Boozy Brunch Beverages
Alright brunchers, you think you’re serious about boozy brunch? Well then leave your mimosas and try out these expert-level brunch cocktails at home and impress all your friends.
Nuns know how to brunch hard if the Abbey Cocktail is any indicator. The aggressive gin to orange juice ratio knocks this up on the “get this party started” scale. The orange bitters give this cocktail more than enough class to justify drinking two ounces of gin to say hello to the day.
- 1 1/2 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- A cherry or whatever for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake like you mean it.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the cherry or whatever.
Campari and Soda
What? Too bitter for brunch? Not for brunch experts. Campari’s fruity, bitter notes lightened up with soda is a perfect drink for summer brunch. We think it even beats out the Mimosa if you’re planning on having more than one because you don’t have to give yourself a stomach ache with all that OJ just to drink a half glass worth of champagne.
- Pour the Campari into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge.
EXPERT BRUNCHERS ONLY. Your friends are going to look like total jerks with their Bloody Mary’s when you have this carrot juice cocktail in your serious brunching fist. Leave that vodka at home, this bad boy is made with dark rum, and is filled with classy ingredients: Cilantro? Check. Ginger? Check. Raw Sugar? Check. LIMES!? CHECK! IT’S GOT EVERYTHING!
We love brunch so much.
- 1/4“ piece of ginger (peeled
- 3 sprigs cilantro (or not if you think it’s yucky)
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1 ½ oz dark rum
- 1 ½ oz carrot juice
- Muddle everything but the liquids in the bottom of a shaker
- Add some ice and the liquid and shake till that shaker is frosty
- Strain into a highball glass
- Garnish with a lime or something and BRUNCH HARD!